We’re loving wearing a pop of colour on our nails this Summer and one of our favourite nail art trends is the ombre look! If you’re not familiar, the term is a French word that means ‘blend’, and it describes the fade from one colour to another on your nails. It looks achingly cool when done in pastel colours, and works perfectly with designer accessories like Gucci sunglasses, or can add an amazing pop of colour when done with brighter tones. It’s a little tricky to master but once you get the hang of it, the gradient effect looks amazing and can be achieved using any of your favourite colour combinations! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create this fab summer look!
- Paint your nails with a white base coat. This step is optional, but a white base coat will give your coloured polishes something to cling to and really make them pop!
- Take a plastic sheet (the lid off a piece of tupperware will do!) and pour a drop of your coloured polishes beside each other in the order you would like them to appear on your nails.
- Take a toothpick or a cocktail stick and gently swirl the edges of each shade into each other so that they begin to blend.
- Get a clean makeup sponge and dip it into the nail polishes before dabbing on to your nails. You may have to repeat this step a few times to build up the colour and make them blend properly.
- Remove any excess polish from around your nails using nail polish remover and finish with a clear top coat.
Et voila! You now have super cool, summery gradient nails. If this isn’t enough, you can jazz them up even more by painting a simple design over them or adding rhinestones for extra “wow” factor! Have you attempted this ombre nail art? What is your favourite colour combination?